What is FUFISM and why should you care?
Well FUFISM is a marketing philosophy where social media and SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) are the two core elements that dictate how and why many other marketing tactics are used. As I am sure you know all search engines are gathering as many different signals as they can, so that they may use these to get the highest quality SERP's (Search Engine Results Pages) possible and ensure that their end users are happy and recommend their platform as the best search engine, so that the search engine may sell advertising and marketing space within their SERP's to business.
When Google Introduced the HUMMINGBIRD algorithm in August / September 2013 the world of search changed forever, and the focus shifted from STRINGS to THINGS and many marketers have not yet realized the true implications of these very drastic and far reaching changes. Before Google introduced the HUMMINGBIRD algorithm key words were the main focal area of all SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and there was just a little supplemental marketing where LINK BUILDING and related issues were aimed at ensuring that the search engines associated your chosen key words with your online content.
The hummingbird algorithm and its cousins in all other search engines changed the focus of their search process, and moved away from pure key words to focus on the context of your online content, as well as all the old SEOVI (Search Engine Optimisation Value Indicators) and associated signals to a lesser degree.
What this means, for most search engines, is that there is now a new set of SEOVI or Search Engine Optimisation Value Indicators that carry more weight than key words and all the old or existing Search Engine Optimisation Value Indicators (SEOVI's), which runs parallel to and enhances all the existing SEOVI that existed prior to Google Humming bird.
What I am trying to say is that all the existing search engine optimisation techniques that existed prior to the implementation of the Google Humming Bird Algorithm are still in play, and are still vitally important, as the Google Hummingbird algorithm uses these as the basis of its efforts, and just adds extra value to these existing signals through manipulating them, using the NEW SEOVI that are associated with the context of your content, and how the social media and other OPSEOVI (OFF PAGE SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMISATION VALUE INDICATORS) impact on the context of your IPSEOVI (IN PAGE SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMISATION VALUE INDICATORS)
- general author values of individual contributors to your original online content
- publisher values where you online content is exposed to the public
- individual niche authority issues of all identifiable contributors
- niche authority of digital entities connected to your online content that you are marketing
- niche authority of digital entities that comment or interact with your social media posts marketing your online content
- niche authority of the domain where your social media marketing is exposed as embedded content
- The semantic similarity and the semantic connectedness between linked content and you In Page content.
- the relationship between the semantic footprints of your online content and any linked content which may show that you are expanding the conversation with that specific link.
BUT WHAT IS FUFISMFUFISM or Functional User Friendly Integrated Social Media is a marketing philosophy where SEO and SOCIAL MEDIA are married, and act as the parents to all your marketing projects, both online and off line. The Value of SEO to your company needs to be clearly understood, and the part that Social media plays in expanding the value of your In Page SEO must be put into perspective, especially since the Google Hummingbird algorithm has entered the picture.
FUFISM based marketing is thus just the well managed use of all your resources to ensure that your intended target market find your online content when searching for your products, services or related information online.
FUFISM based marketing ensures that all your different marketing elements speak to each other, are supportive of each other across platforms, and across different marketing media. This means that the three SEO elements need to be aligned and integrated in ways that both search engines and your intended target market can recognize and make use of.
The first element is #IPSEO or In Page SEO, and this consists of all the HTML code and associated files which are listed, displayed and / or activated within the page, such as but not limited to
- text files
- data base files
- image files
- audio files
- video files
- Landing pages where in page links point
- links in your navigation structure
- author pages -- REL = AUTHOR
- publisher pages -- REL = PUBLISHER
- contributor pages -- REL = CONTRIBUTOR
- pages that expand the conversation
- internal links
- external links
- pages identified as landing pages by your web design or blog design team
- Link building efforts that result in inbound links
- Social media marketing
- blog posts discussing your online content
- influencer marketing
- email marketing with embedded links
- business directories and online classified marketing
- good old fashioned editorial links from other domains
- your print media marketing / advertising
- news papers
- your radio marketing advertising
- when attending trade shows
- when attending public speaking events
- at conferences or industry specific events
- cold calling by your marketing staff
- in house personal discussions with your customers by your sales staff