This leaves the marketing professionals stuck between a rock and a very hard place, with the weight of ROI (Return ON Investments) squeezing in on both sides. There are no mechanisms for those lower down the ladder to complain that the marketing management is not doing their jobs properly, or that the main company management is operating and enforcing out dated communication policies that do not accommodate the new systems which have evolved with the social media revolution.
FUFISM or Functional User Friendly Integrated Social Media policies can start the ball rolling down the hill of incompetency, then ask the management to inspect the damage. This will force management to take some action to rectify the situation.
You are obviously asking how, so an explanation and an example is needed.
The first steps are to get everybody at marketing meetings where FUFISM, SEO, Social media and marketing are discussed.
The main topics on the agenda should be
- what is online content
- what is content marketing
- what is Search Engine Optimisation
- what is Social media
- what is Social Media Optimisation
- what is FUFISM
- what is the relationship between
- content marketing
- social media optimisation
- search engine optimisation
- SERP's (Search engine Results pages) and how the social media is included in many search engine results pages, with many posts within the social media being much higher up in the SERP's for many of the key words and key word phrases than the company's web pages
- how the Social media may be used to promote the company web site, the company blog and other online company information in various different platforms.
- how face book business pages can be manipulated higher into the SERP's by allowing company employees to use Face book.
- how Google Plus business pages can be promoted higher into the SERP's by allowing company employees to use G+ as a social platform.
- Other benefits of using G+ as a social layer internally within the company
- the company's communication policies, especially the impacts of these policies on the company's marketing efforts
- Information sharing, focusing on the SERP's and the coloration between social media promotions and changes in visitor statistics including where these web site visitors came from.
- the impact of high levels of social signals on organic SERP's for your web site and blog.
The changes in general community communication patterns as a result of the social media revolution also need to be brought to the attention of top management in a non combative way, explaining why management needs to take note of these changes and how the company can benefit from adopting a user friendly approach to social media, which encourages all company employees to make use of the social media within the work place.
In South Africa where I live, work and play, most company mangers see the social media as a problem which takes up productive time, and so many companies have policies which prohibit the use of social media within the work place. Many South African companies have gone so far as to block / ban all social media sites within their internal online networks through the use of firewall technologies and routing tables. This puts the marketing of online materials in a rather awkward position, as top management is not up to speed with the changes in the communication styles and methods that have been necessitated by the advent of social media.
Top management have also not been briefed about the changes in Search Engine Optimisation strategies which have been forced upon the marketing industry as a result of the influences of the social media on most search engine algorithms, and because of this lack of knowledge, those involved at top management level have been making many poor decisions about their communications strategies. This meeting that we recommend, will give the management a heads up to their short falls, and allow them to be brought up to date.
More discussing the advent of The Google Hummingbird Update will be coming soon.in the mean time take a peep see at the Humming bird algo infographic.